double-click to edit, do not edit in source
Alternate Thespy® Qualifier
The primary way to qualify for Thespys is through a chapter qualifying event. EdTA conducts the Alternate Qualifier to help ensure that all Thespians have the opportunity to participate in the Thespys program.
You may be eligible to participate in this alternate qualifier if you are an officially inducted Thespian and meet the following criteria:
The Thespian’s assigned chapter does not conduct a Thespy qualifier.
The Thespian’s assigned chapter cancels its Thespy qualifier.
The Thespian does not have an assigned a chapter based on their school’s mailing address.
Inclement weather prevents the Thespian’s troupe from traveling to the chapter’s qualifying event (must provide documentation of the school’s decision from a school administrator).
The Alternate Qualifier is open November 15, 2022 - January 2, 2023. No late entries will be accepted.
There are two steps to participating in the qualifier:
- Register and pay the participation fee. The participation fee is $15 per student. Every student participating in this qualifier must pay the $15 fee, including all members of a group or duet entry. Students may enter multiple categories, but only one entry will be accepted per category.
- How to Register
- Log in to your EdTA account and click on “Upcoming Events” at the top of the page.
- Click on “View” next to the title: “2023 International Thespian Excellence Awards (Thespys).”
- Click on “Register” and follow the prompts to register a single student or multiple students.
- How to Register
- Submit entry materials in OpenWater. Carefully review the rules and requirements for each category to avoid disqualification. Log in to your EdTA account and open the OpenWater Alternate Thespy Qualifier application found here. Fill in all the required fields and be sure to save and finalize your application.
Scores and feedback will be released by January 15. Thespians who earn overall Superior ratings advance to the International Thespian Excellence Awards, held during the 2023 International Thespian Festival in Bloomington, Indiana. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.