double-click to edit, do not edit in source
Home Landing Page Slider
The International Thespian Excellence Awards, or Thespys® for short, recognize the highest level of achievement in school theatre performance and technical theatre.
This educational program (formerly National Individual Events) gives Thespians — students who have been inducted into the International Thespian Society — the opportunity to receive constructive feedback on prepared theatrical material and technical designs. Students who achieve overall Superiors at a qualifying event and earn the top scores in their category at the International Thespian Festival (ITF) earn International Thespian Excellence Awards.
The Thespy Qualifier is no longer accepting entries. All submissions received by March 8 are being judged. Watch for a notification of your scores in early April.
The Thespy Awards are open to Thespians and Junior Thespians. You can find the rules and recommendations for each Thespy category in the Thespy Program Guide. You must be inducted into the International Thespian Society in order to participate. (If your school doesn't have an ITS troupe, learn how to start one.)
- Register for an all-access pass to ITF (registration begins March 1) and select the Thepsys as an add-on by May 14. You may enter more than one Thespy, but you may only enter a Thespy you qualified with (no changes).
- Create an account here on the Thespys website.
- Complete the submission form for your Thespy, including name and category details. Select Save and Finalize to submit.
- Your submission form must be completed in its entirety. Space has been provided to upload performance presentations or technical presentation materials. Failure to complete any part of the form may result in disqualification.
- For troupe directors registering multiple students: Please double-check to ensure you have completed submissions for every Thespy you paid for when registering for ITF.
- If you have questions about this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline to submit is June 1, 2021.