double-click to edit, do not edit in source
The Thespy Awards recognize the highest achievement in student performance and technical theatre. Now the honors include scholarship opportunities.
Grace Kelly Scholarships
Ten scholarships will be awarded annually:
- five $6,000 scholarships to graduating seniors for their college education
- five $1,000 training scholarships to underclassmen
Scholarship recipients entering college will be matched with a professional mentor chosen by the Princess Grace Foundation from its Princess Grace Award winners.
Amy Bennett Musical Theatre Scholarship
This $2,500 scholarship is awarded to the top solo musical performer as determined through Thespy scores and a personal interview.
How It Works
- To be eligible, you must first qualify for ITF.
- Register to attend ITF and participate in the Thespys as an add-on activity.
- Submit your Thespy application.
- Thespy participants will automatically be eligible for scholarship consideration – no separate forms to fill out or fees to pay.
- Top-scoring Thespians in each category will be finalists for the available scholarships.
- Finalists will be interviewed by a panel of judges.
- The panel of judges will select the winners. Scholarships will be awarded to both performers and technicians.
Seniors looking to maximize their scholarship opportunities or who don’t qualify for ITF are invited to apply for other EdTA scholarship opportunities by April 1. Juniors are encouraged to participate in the unified college audition at ITF, where college theatre programs award admission and scholarships to ITF participants each year.
Playwriting Category Sponsor