double-click to edit, do not edit in source
To get your chance to vie for a Thespy Award at the International Thespian Festival, you must first score a superior in a qualifying round. For most students, you do that through a qualifying event through your local chapter (see 2021 chapter events calendar).
EdTA also holds an alternate qualifier — this is for students who aren’t part of a chapter, whose chapter allows multiple paths to qualify, and for special exceptions (see the Thespy rules guide).
How to Enter
If you meet the eligibility requirements (see below), here's how to participate.
Note: Students must register individually for this qualifier event; teachers cannot register their students.
- Login at myedta.schooltheatre.org. If you've never logged in before, you will need to reset your password. IMPORTANT: Many school firewalls block external emails, especially to students. If you don't receive your password reset email, this may be the reason. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.421.3900, ext. 1, to change your email address in this situation.
- Select the Upcoming Events link at the top of the page when you're logged in.
Choose Thespy Qualifer.
Next, press Register, select your categories, and pay the qualifier fee ($15 per student per entry). You may enter as many categories as you like, but may not submit multiple entries in the same category.
- Return here and begin your application using this link. Only applicants who have also registered for this qualifier and who have paid for their submission(s) using the steps above will be accepted for evaluation. Once you click the link, you will need to either login (if you have submitted an application in OpenWater before) or create an account (if this is your first time using this site).
- Add all the materials for your entry. Double-check that all uploaded documents, videos and links are functional and are public so that adjudicators can properly view them. If your application contains broken links or non-viewable documents, we cannot guarantee that your materials will be adjudicated.
- If you're submitting multiple entries, start a new application for each one.
- Complete your entry (or entries) before 11:59 p.m. ET March 8, 2021. No late submissions will be accepted.
The Thespy qualifier is open to students in the following locations:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- international troupes not part of a chapter
All other students should contact their chapters about local Thespy qualifiers.